Monday, January 16, 2012

2011 Goal Progress

In January 2011, I blogged a little list of goals that I hoped could be accomplished by 2012.  Although I didn't get them all done, I'm pretty pleased with what was done.

Here is how I did...

1. Pay off $10,000 of our debt. We have been on a true budget (yep, Excel spreadsheet and all) since August and it is one of the best things we ever did. This goal should definitely be accomplishable. Is that a word?

We have paid off a little over $16,000 since beginning in August 2010, so this goal was met - yay!


2. Blog twice a week. I started this blog as a way to keep up with my children and sadly I am seriously lacking in that regard. There is no reason I can't do better. I need to remember that not every post requires pictures!

One word - FAIL.

3. Join Weight Watchers and get serious about losing weight. My goal for the year is 40 pounds lost. When you are fat plus-sized like me, it should be attainable.

Yep, FAIL again.
4. Spend a week in Florida with the family (with minimal Blackberry usage). We love Okaloosa Island and it's an ongoing goal that we be able to spend a week there every summer while our children are at home.

Done - it was awesome as always!
5. Have the shower in our master bathroom tiled. I have hated the shower stall in our bathroom since day 1, but have done exactly zero to change it. This year I would like to bite the bullet and make it great.

We are pressing the "Pause" button on this one until the debt is paid off in about 18 months.  Can't wait!

6. Finally decorate my master bedroom! We have lived in our house for two years so it's definitely time. I recently purchased new bedding as a jumping off point so I hope to get this done in the first quarter of the year.

This room may forever be a work in progress.  I did get some things hung on the wall and we added some new accessories, but it still doesn't make me really happy.  But, I would be so bored if the house were all done!
So, that's how it all panned out.  I am working up the new list for 2012.  Did you get your 2011 list done?

No comments:

Post a Comment