Monday, February 22, 2010

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

I tried this the other night and managed to please everyone - the toddler, the teenager and the hubby! Add a couple of quick side dishes and dinner is on the table in 30 minutes! Gotta love it!

First things first - if you don't have this spice mix in your kitchen, you just have to make it! I keep mine in a small Tupperware type container and use it on all kinds of things including chicken, fish, pork and french fries. Although some of the ingredients are rather spicy on their own, once combined, this is relatively mellow. You, of course, can tweak it to your taste.

Emeril's Southwest Spice Seasoning
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Now on to the chicken...

You will need:
1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders (or you can cut up whole breasts into smaller pieces)
1/2 stick of butter (I use a couple of tablespoons of Smart Balance spread)
1 1/2 cups of unseasoned bread crumbs
A couple of tablespoons of the Southwest Seasoning mix

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a cookie sheet or large baking dish with non-stick spray.

Melt the butter in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and seasoning mix. I taste my bread crumbs to make sure they are seasoned to my liking.

Dip the chicken tenders into the butter then into the bread crumb mix. Once covered, put them on the cookie sheet.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Then, eat up!


4 comments:

  1. this sounds good...I have 4 children...none of them are toddlers but I do have 3 teen boys and one 9 yr old girly girl...i will now go read some more of your posts... please come by and check my blog out as well, I would be honored... http://www.shananagins2468.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe. Sounds wonderful. I look forward to being able to make stuff like that for my son. he is only 10 months right now though so we are slowly making our way to grill cheese, grits, etc. Joining you via Southern Mama's. Love the blog and just followed you. I am doing a giveaway at mine and I also have tons of recipes. would love to have you follow! http://kitchenbelleicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. we say winner winner chicken dinner all the time LOL

    I love reading new recipes, looks like i need to add some stuff to my shopping list
    stopping by from sits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Welcome to Southern Mammas!

    ReplyDelete