So, let's pretend that I got this posted yesterday!
Today is all about great summer reads. I am an absolutely voracious reader and love a great book better than almost anything. You know, those books you just can't put down - even when you should really be doing laundry or dishes since the toddler is in bed! And, I spend way too much time at my local Goodwill Book Store! But you can order any of these on Amazon.com. So in honor of summer and of reading a great book in a beach chair or a porch swing, here are a few that I have read and I few that I want to read - enjoy!
Books I Have Read and Recommend (no particular order)
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - still one of my favorites of all time, a legal thriller set in the deep south long before there was a John Grisham
2. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - fabulous read for tweens and adults alike
3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - beautiful, if depressing picture of Afghanistan culture after the Taliban
4. The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer - yep, I'm a little bit of a vampire nerd
5. The Poisonwood Bible: A Novel by Barbara Kingsolver - a fascinating story of a zealous missionary and his family in Africa
6. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards - a touching story about lies and forgiveness
7. The Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz - LOVE these! Sweet, humble and resourceful Odd can see the dead and always ends up in the middle of big messes. These have a great spiritual message as well.
Books I Plan on Reading this Summer
1. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini - hoping it's as good as The Kite Runner
2. In The Woods by Tana French - heard her murder-mystery series is really great
3. The Dive from Clausen's Pier: A Novel by Ann Packet - heard really good things about this one as well - a story about a reluctant fiancee' whose husband-to-be is paralyzed in an accident
4. The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris - I told you I was a bit of a vampire nerd. I totally watch the series too!
5. The Shack by William Paul Young - another one I have heard only good things about - a story about finding God in the midst of our worst nightmare
As always, I am neither affliated with nor compensated by any of the items or websites that are mentioned above. I also do not make any statements as to the quality, workmanship, etc.
They are simply things I like! :)