Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals for 2011

The always fabulous Nester, challenged her readers to list some home goals for 2011.  Not resolutions or hopes and dreams, but true goals.  Wow!  That really got me thinking about some concrete things that I would like to accomplish this year - but for my home and in my personal life. 

So, in no particular order, here are my Goals for 2011 (including a few home goals):

1.  Pay off $10,000 of our debt.  We have been on a true budget (yep, Excel spreadsheet and all) since August and it is one of the best things we ever did.  This goal should definitely be accomplishable. Is that a word?

2.  Blog twice a week.  I started this blog as a way to keep up with my children and sadly I am seriously lacking in that regard.  There is no reason I can't do better.  I need to remember that not every post requires pictures!

3.  Join Weight Watchers and get serious about losing weight.  My goal for the year is 40 pounds lost.  When you are fat plus-sized like me, it should be attainable.

4.  Spend a week in Florida with the family (with minimal Blackberry usage).  We love Okaloosa Island and it's an ongoing goal that we be able to spend a week there every summer while our children are at home.

5.  Have the shower in our master bathroom tiled.  I have hated the shower stall in our bathroom since day 1, but have done exactly zero to change it.  This year I would like to bite the bullet and make it great.

6.  Finally decorate my master bedroom!  We have lived in our house for two years so it's definitely time.  I recently purchased new bedding as a jumping off point so I hope to get this done in the first quarter of the year.
Here is a sneek peek at the bedding.  You can see more here.

Do you have goals for 2011?

1 comment:

  1. Well, you are well ahead of me! I still haven't quite pinned down any goals. Love your new bedding, btw!

    ReplyDelete