Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Celtic Birthday

My precious mom-in-law, Lois, truly loves all things Irish/Celtic/Gaelic.  If you go to her house or get in her car, she is very likely to be listening to a Celtic Romance CD.  I love it and think that it totally adds to what a sweet person she is. 

Lois and Noah in Florida last summer

So, when Tommy and I realized that Celtic Woman was going to be performing in Tupelo on February 13, we knew we had to get her tickets for her birthday which is February 26.  We were able to find some 5th row tickets on Craiglist for a decent price!  Yay!  I wasn't sure what to expect when she asked me to come with her, but we had a great time!

They are a fantastic group that sings a varied list of songs including versions of the well known "You Raise Me Up" and "When you Believe" as well as fun Irish tunes like "Dulaman" and "At The Céili".  They also have a fantastic violinist who absolutely AMAZED me!

It was a really fun night and it was wonderful to get to spend some time with Lois.

Happy Birthday Mom!

(photos found via Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment