Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Anniversary Printed Mosaic

Seven years ago, I stood on the beach in Paradise and said, "I Do!" to my best friend.

We look so very young!

We don't spend a lot of money on anniversary gifts.  We usually just have a nice dinner and movie date.  But, I have been on a craft kick, so for our anniversary this year, I wanted to make something. 

I looked all over blogland for inspiration.  My criteria was pretty general.  I wanted something cheap and fast that was within my limited skill level.  One of the things I saw were mosaics made out of photos of letters and numbers.  I honestly can't remember where all my inspiration came from, but there are lots of you out there.

So on to the project...

The key to this project are the absolutely amazing photo collections on Flickr by Leo Reynolds.  He has letters, numbers, punctuation and all sorts of things.

So, I opened up a powerpoint document (because that's what I had at work) and copied and pasted the letters of my choice into the document.  I played around with the wording and layout until I came up with this.  I sized it to fit in an 8X10 photo mat.


I could have sent it out to be printed in a photo lab, but I am all about instant gratification.  I printed it off on my printer with plain paper.  It looked great!  Then, I stopped by my local thrift store and grabbed an 11X17 awful gold frame with a white mat and a terrible lovely cherub print.  The price was right at $3.50.  The print went into the trash and the frame got a quick coat of Bahama Sea spray paint by Krylon that was hanging out in our garage.


The finished product - I love it!  And Tommy loves it too! 
My only cost was $3.50 for the frame.  What a deal!
*Warning* Terrible cell phone picture ahead!


Happy Anniversary Tommy!  Love you forever!
I'm linking up with everyone listed on the right!  They have great parties and you should visit them all! :)

7 comments:

  1. So cute and creative! I need one of these for my hubby and I - our anniversary is coming up soon, maybe I'll surprise him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! My 25th anniversary is in 2 weeks,& it's just what I need! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these letters, they just look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki-

    Such a sweet idea. I think I will make a variation of this for my gallery wall when our anniversary hits this July!


    If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday Hope to see yours among all the amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Great! I also recently did one just like this, i was going to blog about it this weekend. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My anniversary is coming up and this is the perfect project! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week...

    ReplyDelete